Running an environmentally friendly operation, and handing over the keys to energy efficient homes has always been a key mission of ours at PAH, so we are proud and happy to announce that we are now an accredited HIA GreenSmart Builder!
WHAT IS GREENSMART?
What does this title mean for our projects and your future home? Aside from being accredited as a GreenSmart project by one of the nation’s first green building initiatives, it will mean all aspects of your home have been designed and constructed with the central tenets of sustainability in mind.
HOW DID WE ACHIEVE ACCREDITATION?
To become a GreenSmart accredited builder, all components of our work were assessed to ensure compliance with the GreenSmart house standards.
Questions, including the following, were asked of our projects;
- Does the Home achieve a MINIMUM 6-star thermal performance rating?
- Has the home been designed with windows and openings that captur breezes and assist in air circulation?
- Has northern elevation been managed through limited glazing, glazing treatments, and use of eaves and shade devices?
- Does the home feature ares that can be closed off to create smaller spaces for more efficient heating and cooling?
- Does the home utilise fluorescent tube, LED or similar energy efficient light bulbs?
- Will the home make us of an energy usage meter?
In addition to the above “green” guidelines, our site plans, floor plans, water efficiency, stormwater and erosion plans, waste management plans, and insulation, window and flooring specifications were all also taken into consideration.
Why did we choose to apply to become a GreenSmart Builder (and why are we so happy we were approved!)? Because the accreditation means that we are part of a nationwide association of builders working to deliver a comfortable and healthy home for our clients, in a way that will help to conserve the earth’s resources.